14 March 2008

Another possiblity

The Hubster has found a ship that he is absolutely lusting after now. I have to admit, she seems like she'd be a good choice for us. I'm actually concerned that she may be a little overly large! She's 70' overall, 55' on deck, so she may be too big for me to handle by myself. If she is, I guess I'll have to put off sailing the Eastern Seaboard until the kids are physically strong enough to help with hoisting sails.

I'm in the process of exchanging emails with the current owner, who runs a whale-watching expedition business in Nova Scotia.

The big downside here is the business owner has commitments involving the ship well into next fall. Hopefully we'd actually have time to get her surveyed, buy her, get her down here, make any necessary updates and get moved aboard before our current lease is up in October! There's nothing like a hard deadline to send planning into high gear.

No comments: