18 March 2008

So much STUFF!

I look around at all the stuff we have, and I despair of getting rid of it all.

It's obvious we're not going to fit it all on a boat. Right now, I'm sitting in the room where the kids and I spend most of our spare time. I'm pecking away at a desktop and watching a decade-old big-screen tv. There's a printer/copier/scanner next to me. On the other side is an easel, with the disassembled remnants of a hamster cage tucked underneath. Behind me is a sleeper-sofa, a coffee table, a gaming chair and a giant stuffed duck (courtesy of an old AFLAC promotion).There are toys everywhere, tucked into the cranies of the table, spilling out of the closet, strewn across the floor.

This one room is about the same amount of space we'll have on board.

I'm intimidated by how much stuff we have to get rid of before we can do this. I'm debating if I should go for garage sales, Craigslist ads, or if I should just say "to hell with it" and call an auction company to come take care of it for me.

We have to pare down, and we have to start now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marna,

Check out this article and site for some great tips on using limited space wisely:

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/house-tours/ny-house-tour-jack-makes-micro-changes-042775